THE ANDREW CLEMMONS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
REOUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES
|Purpose:||To recognize musical achievement displayed through Hollywood Branch activities and to encourage the pursuit of a degree in music.|
|Award:||Scholarship, not less than $200, plus a plaque of recognition|
|Deadline:||April 1 – Applications postmarked after April 1 shall not be considered.|
|History:||Established 1982, in honored memory of Andrew Clemmons, distinguished teacher of piano and gracious leader in the Hollywood Branch for many years.|
Eligibility (Who qualifies for the Andrew Clemmons Memorial Scholarship)
- Student shall be a recent high school graduate or a graduating high school senior.
- Student shall be planning to pursue a degree in music.
- Student shall have demonstrated promising musical abilities through Hollywood Branch activities.
- The Andrew Clemmons Memorial Scholarship is open to all instrumentalists and vocalists.
- Student shall be studying with a current, active, teacher member of the MTAC, Hollywood Branch.
- Student shall have participated in branch activities for a minimum of five (5) years.
- Student shall have studied with his/her current Hollywood Branch teacher for a minimum of five (5) years except if the student has a proven record of Hollywood Branch event participation through studies with another branch teacher. In this case, the student shall have studied with his/her current teacher for a minimum of six (6) months, and with the previous Hollywood Branch teacher for a minimum of four and a half years.
Determination (How will the award be made and who will decide the recipient)
- The student’s teacher shall submit, by mail, the branch Application Form and a Participation Record on behalf of their students.
- Only the official branch Application Form and Participation Record are acceptable.
- Teachers representing the applicants shall be given an opportunity to make a short presentation on behalf of their students at the Hollywood Branch General Meeting in April.
- The Board of Directors shall evaluate and select the qualifying student and decide on the amount of the scholarship.
- In case of a tie, more than one qualifying student may be selected.
- The award shall be withheld if there is no qualifying student.
- The award shall be announced and presented at the Achievement Award Recital.
Please contact branch website coordinator, Lieschen Bierstedt (email@example.com).