THE OLGA BALOGH AWARD
REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES
|Purpose:||To encourage and inspire students through participation in branch activities.|
|Award:||A plaque of recognition plus $50|
|Deadline:||April 1 – Applications postmarked after April 1 shall not be considered|
|History:||Established 1995, in memory of Olga Balogh; teacher of violin and a long-time member of the Hollywood Branch.|
Eligibility (Who qualifies for the Olga Balogh Award):
- Student shall be no younger than 13 and no older than 18 years of age by April 1.
- Qualifying students may not re-apply for this award.
- Student shall have demonstrated promising musical abilities through Hollywood Branch activities.
- The Olga Balogh Award is open to all instrumentalists and vocalists.
- Student shall be studying with a current, active, teacher member of the MTAC, Hollywood Branch.
- Student shall have participated in branch activities for a minimum of three (3) years.
- Student shall have studied with his/her current Hollywood Branch teacher for a minimum of three (3) years except if the student has a proven record of Hollywood Branch event participation through studies with another branch teacher. In this case, the student shall have studied with his/her current teacher for a minimum of six (6) months, and with the previous Hollywood Branch teacher for a minimum of two and a half years.
Determination (How will the award be made and who will decide the recipient)
- The student’s teacher shall submit, by mail, the branch Application Form and a Participation Record on behalf of their students,
- Only the official branch Application Form and Participation Record are acceptable.
- Teachers representing the applicants, shall be given an opportunity to make a short presentation on behalf of their students at the Hollywood Branch General Meeting in April.
- The Board of Directors shall evaluate and select the qualifying student.
- In case of a tie, more than one qualifying student may be selected.
- The award shall be withheld if there is no qualifying student.
- The award shall be announced and presented at the Achievement Award Recital.
Please contact branch website coordinator, Lieschen Bierstedt (email@example.com).