THE EUGENIA MUNOZ CLEMMONS AWARD
REOUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES
|Purpose:||To encourage and inspire students through participation in branch activities|
|Award:||A plaque of recognition|
|Deadline:||April 1 – Applications postmarked after April 1 shall not be considered.|
|History:||Established 1988, in memory of Eugenia Munoz Clemmons; a favored teacher of the young student, whose wisdom helped guide the Hollywood Branch for many years.|
Eligibility (Who qualifies for the Eugenia Munoz Clemmons Award):
- Student shall be twelve (12) years of age or younger by April 1.
- Qualifying students may not re-apply for this award.
- Student shall have demonstrated promising musical abilities through Hollywood Branch activities.
- The Eugenia Munoz Clemmons Award is open to all instrumentalists and vocalists.
- Student shall be a studying with a current, active, teacher member of the MTAC, Hollywood Branch.
- Student shall have participated in branch activities for a minimum of three (3) years.
- Student shall have studied with his/her current Hollywood Branch teacher for a minimum of three (3) years except if the student has a proven record of Hollywood Branch event participation through studies with another branch teacher. In this case, the student shall have studied with his/her current teacher for a minimum of six (6) months, and with the previous Hollywood Branch teacher for a minimum of two and a half years.
Determination (How will the award be made and who will decide the recipient)
- The student’s teacher shall submit, by mail, the branch Application Form and a Participation Record on behalf of their students,
- Only the official branch Application Form and Participation Record are acceptable.
- Teachers representing the applicants shall be given an opportunity to make a short presentation on behalf of their students at the Hollywood Branch General Meeting in April.
- The Board of Directors shall evaluate and select the qualifying student.
- In case of a tie, more than one qualifying student may be selected.
- The award shall be withheld if there is no qualifying student.
- The award shall be announced and presented at the Achievement Award Recital.
Please contact branch website coordinator, Lieschen Bierstedt (firstname.lastname@example.org).